Kia ora whanau

It has been my true privilege to serve as principal of Sacred Heart School for the past year and also a teacher for the past 17. I can honestly say that my time here has been full of blessings. I have grown immensely, I have built deep relationships, and I have learned alongside students, staff, parents, and community partners. We have created a culture of growth that is talked about throughout the surrounding communities. When people hear about Sacred Heart, the reputation is full of strength, care, innovation, and SPIRIT.

I feel I am extremely lucky to have worked for such a long period of time in the same loving community. A community that has been my home from the day I walked through the doors 18 years ago.

A big thank you to the staff and all the families, past and present that have supported and continue to support the school and myself. It has been a honour getting to know you all and I am going to miss each and everyone.

Saying goodbye is never easy; however, I have full confidence in the shared mission and vision we have established here at Sacred Heart. I have been humbled by how the Sacred Heart community has embraced me as a leader, and I am so grateful for the people and ideas you have entrusted in my care. Sacred Heart School has been an excellent place to work!

Last week we celebrated Mrs Forbes 30 years service at Sacred Heart.  Your warm welcome in the office is always caring and inviting.  We thank you for all your hard work and dedication over the years.

Summer Uniform – Correct summer uniform is to be worn during term 4.  If you have any problems please let your child’s class teacher know.

Faith Facts
Week 10 27th September – 1st October

27th St Vincent de Paul
29th St Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, archangels
30th St Jerome
1st St Therese of the Child Jesus

September 29 is the Feast of the Archangels.  This is a special day on which we remember three angels who are powerful with God.  What distinguishes an archangel from other angels. Their name means “above the angels.”  We know the names of three of the archangels –Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael.

Camp Columba
By the looks of these photos everyone is having a ball at camp. We look forward to hearing all about it.

. . .

.

.

Congratulations to the children who received certificates this week.

Akomanga Aroha Class Happenings
Akomanga Aroha has been very busy over the past few weeks as tamariki settle back into school after lockdown.  The children have really been enjoying each other’s company so we have been doing a lot of group work, playing games both inside and outside and making the most of some good weather.
This week we have been celebrating alongside Tika, Chinese Language week and the children have been awesome in creating some wonderful pieces using water colours and dye to display in the classroom their names in Chinese.

Today we were lucky enough to enjoy a visit from some little lambs brought in by Nina’s family.  It was super fun having some cuddles and feeding them some warm milk.

Community Notices 

Out of School Art Classes
Enrolments for term 4 are now being taken for Yr 1 – 8 pupils. For more info and enrolments, please contact Helen 2177482.

Library After School Clubs – Registrations have opened for the Library’s after school clubs in term 4.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
 Crafting with Junk
Ages 7–10
 Junior Craft Club
Ages 5–8
 Minecraft Club
Ages 5+
 Science Club
Ages 9–12
 LEGO Club
Ages 5+
 Chess Club
Ages 7+

For more info and to register go here … Free after-school clubs for kids at the Invercargill Public Library (ilibrary.co.nz)